Safety of PEMF
Does PEMF cause cancer???
Lots of confusion is going on in respect to safety of PEMF's compared to EMF’s. Real PEMF devices (like the Curatron) only generate pulsing frequencies under 100 Hz which is classified as Extremly Low Frequencies (ELF).
PEMF is extremely low frequency pulsing energy ranging from 1 Hz to 50 Hz.
Electro-Magnetic Fields (EMF) are not to be confused with 50/60 Hz electromagnetic radiation around high voltage power lines and transformers, which induce a continuous electromagnetic field.
The behavior of these electromagnetic fields are completely different from PEMF and the warnings should be taken seriously because they are correct!
Short wave therapy devices are used by physiotherapists for internal body warming. These devices are called Short Wave Diathermy and they generate a frequency of 27 MHz (27.000.000 Hz). Extended time exposure of these frequencies is potential harmful being the reason why this form of therapy is limited in time. High frequencies like cell phones work with frequencies higher than 800 MHz (800.000.000 Hz) and it is an open question if they might cause cancer. These discussions will definitely still take many years before firm conclusions can be drawn. So far there is no firm proof that indeed they stimulate cancer growth and at this stage the recommendations are not to let children use cell phones for extended periods because the device is held close to the brain still under development. Microwave ovens use 2.45 GHz (2.450.000.000 Hz) and are dangerous when applied directly to the eyes and testis as blood flow in these organs is limited and thus cannot "cool off" the heating effect. This is the reason why the microwave stops working when the door is opened in the middle to avoid danger. The heating of the food occurs due to friction of the agitated molecules. Conclusion: Real PEMF is completely safe and does not cause cancer if the pulsing frequencies are kept under 100 Hz, like the Curatron devices. PEMF devices which generate higher frequencies are definitely dangerous and any exposure should be avoided!